Thursday, November 19, 2009

1st Solar-Powered Touch-Screen Cell



The Samsung Blue Earth is the world's first solar-powered touch-screen cell phone. Since this cell phone is made from recycled, plastic water bottles, it is very environment-friendly. The solar panel can be found on the back of the phone, it absorbs the sun's energy and transports it into the battery. The lightweight package is also made from recycled paper and comes with a 5-star energy efficient charger. It also boasts an energy efficient bluetooth mode. This cell phone is a "tree-hugger's" dream come true!

Although this product looks quite cute, I find that it could be developed into an even more energy efficient phone. That being said, it is a great phone for the everyday consumer, especially with it's appealing functions, such as 'Eco Walk.' The 'Eco Walk’ function uses a built-in pedometer to show you by how much walking, instead of driving, reduces CO2 emissions. I found that function to be very interesting, somewhat neat to play with. I am sure that they could develop this function into a campaign that promotes health and energy efficiency. Samsung could run ads depicting how this cell phone not only is a friend to the environment, but is also a friend to everyone's health, by encouraging them to walk instead of drive to their destination. I can picture this promotional work right now... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment